What does it do?
Our Housing Options Advice Service offers:
- Advice on support available to help people maintain their independence in their own home, including adaptations available from local authority and voluntary sector providers; how to deal with repairs; different types of equipment available to buy; help with applying for grants and money and services available if people are struggling financially.
- Advice on the different housing choices available, such as supported housing, sheltered accommodation, care homes and transfers
- Information on rights and entitlements on the law, standards and how to access entitlements
- Casework including help with filling in forms, regular contact to support someone as they change accommodation, help with getting quotes for removals etc
- Signposting and making referrals to all relevant services that can provide practical support
- Information on transferring to a care home out-of-borough by accessing information held by FirstStop
Who it is for: For people aged over 60 years living in the London Borough of Wandsworth
Where it is available:Local service covering: Wandsworth (Greater London).
What it costs:The service is free and funded by DCLG via FirstStop Advice.
How to access or apply for it:
Our office and telephone lines are open 10am to 4pm, Monday to Thursday.
Please call us on 020 8877 8940
For in-depth advice, the Advice and Support Service offers drop-in sessions from 10am to 12pm Monday to Thursday at the Age Concern Wandsworth office.
call 020 8877 8940 to make an appointment in advance or to request a home visit.
Legal & financial, Casework, advocacy & support, Information & options appraisal, Financial advice (benefits), Housing options appraisal, Casework, Information, Signposting / gateway service, Care options appraisal
Info last updated:17/03/2013.