What does it do?
Day care services provide support for people living in the community, social inclusion and respite care for carers.
It offers practical and emotional support by providing a range of activities and facilities to help stay as independent as possible and improve and maintain quality of life.
Our day care centres are:
- Oaklea Lodge in Ilford
- Kielder Close in Hainault
- Elderberries in Woodford Green (frail elderly unit and dementia care unit)
- St. John’s Church & Centre in Seven Kings
Redbridge Community Lunch Club, offering services to all residents if they can prove they live in Redbridge, ca get to the lunch club on their own (no transport is provided and that they are over 65 years of age)
St John’s has a requirement to pay a yearly subscription and individual meals have to be paid for if required
Each day care centre has its own individual character offering a warm, welcoming, safe and friendly atmosphere as well as a wide range of stimulating activities, entertainment and events including
- A programme of leisure and recreational activities including crafts, gardening, quizzes.
- Health and wellbeing activities such as massage, reflexology and gentle exercises.
- Culturally specific activities.
- Services such as hairdressing and chiropody.
- Trained staff to provide help and assistance.
- Dementia specific trained staff.
- Sensory sessions.
- Organised daytrips and events throughout the year, for example coastal visits and country restaurants.
- Assistance with personal care, where needed.
- A choice of meals meeting dietary and cultural needs.
- Advice and support.
- Transport to and from centre, if required.