What does it do?
- Are there times when you feel lonely, or cut off from people, or the outside world?
- Maybe you feel you can’t go out, because of ill health, a caring role or because you have lost your confidence?
- Do you feel you don’t have the same choices as everyone else, and need some support?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you live in North Tyneside, and are aged 50+, then contact us about our unique Life Choices service, which helps to open doors you thought were shut.
We can support you with opportunities to:-
- Make a new friend for a weekly chat, with one of our volunteer befrienders.
- Get involved in a local community activity, with the support of one of our volunteers, who can come with you to the first few meetings.
- Get to occasional important appointments, or activities with one of our volunteer drivers.
The project co-ordinator can visit you in your own home, and explore areas for support and advice. We will ask you what you want to do, and support you to try and find a way to make it happen.
Who delivers the service?
The service is delivered by a range of volunteers who:
- Are interviewedHave an enhanced criminal records check
- Provide references
- Receive ongoing training and support
Who it is for: for people over 50
Where it is available:Local service covering: North Tyneside (Tyne and Wear).
How to access or apply for it:
You don’t have to feel alone. Contact us today on 0191 280 8484 for more information, and our Co-ordinator will discuss how we can help.
Socialising, Companionship /befriending, Activities
Info last updated:29/03/2011.