What does it do?
A free confidential service which offers focussed, time limited advocacy support. This includes older people with Physical and Sensory disabilities, Dementia, Learning Disabilities or Mental health problems.
We can support you if you have advocacy support needs during periods of disability or ill health and you are having to make decisions about your life and or your care.
The advocacy service can help by:
- Supporting you to speak up and have your wishes heard
- Providing information to enable you to make informed choices
- Assisting you in meetings with professionals
- Helping people with Dementia play a real part in planning their future
- Assisting people who may be vulnerable to abuse or neglect
We are unable to provide support regarding financial matters or support for family carers relating to the care of others. We will however support you to access the appropriate services.