What does it do?
Home Matters enables older people to organise and manage their personal finances and household administration. The services is free to all users and aims to enable people to remain independent for as long as possible.
A member of our Home Matters team will visit you at home and listen to your concerns. Our friendly Home Matters Team can help with:
- contacting utility companies
- organising the payment of bills
- setting up a bank account
- form filling, for example, blue badge applications
- looking at household budgets
- organising a move
If we are unable to help we will signpost you to an appropriate agency who will be able to assist. Our Home Matters staff can visit you at home; either a single visit or a series of visits depending on your needs.
Who it is for?for older people in Hertfordshire
Where it is available?Local service covering: Broxbourne, Dacorum, East Hertfordshire, Hertsmere, North Hertfordshire, St Albans, Stevenage, Three Rivers, Watford, Welwyn Hatfield (Hertfordshire).
What it costs:The service is free
How to access or apply for it:
For a free and confidential service, contact your local coordinator:
- East Hertfordshire and Broxbourne 01992 747957
- North Hertfordshire, Stevenage, Welwyn Hatfield 01462 420911
- Hertsmere and St Albans 01727 839963
- Dacorum, Three Rivers and Watford 01923 256359
Home help, Paperwork / forms & letters
Info last updated: