What does it do? Difficulties with paperwork or speaking for yourself?
Do you find you need help dealing with your affairs or changes in your life? If so we can arrange for one of our trained advocates to visit to help you on a one-to-one basis.
- Check that you are getting all payments you are entitled to and complete forms for Attendance or Disability Living Allowances, Pension Credit, Council Tax and Housing Benefit, Carers Allowance etc.
- Sort out complicated paperwork and help you to write official letters and contact official organisations on your behalf. Also liaise with other organisations regarding late bill payments, and problems with energy, telephone and water suppliers.
- Discuss with you in your own home any problems you may have and suggest ways of saving money.
- Support you or act as your representative in situations where you prefer not to cope alone.
- Confidentiality is paramount with this free service.
- Our experienced and trained volunteers will be sensitive and sympathetic to your needs.
Who it is for?Older people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
Where it is available?Local service covering: Caradon, Carrick, Isles of Scilly, Kerrier, North Cornwall, Penwith, Restormel (Cornwall).
How to access or apply for it:
Just one call is needed...... 01872 266 388
Casework, advocacy & support, Advocacy
Info last updated: