What does it do?
Care visits can be from 15 minutes upwards. There is no top limit but, in reality, most of our care visits are something between 30 minutes and one hour long. Some of the services we offer are;
- Assisting with ‘starting the day’. Help to get up, wash / shower / bath, get dressed and have breakfast.
- We can go shopping, either taking our customer out with us or, alternatively, we can come in, agree a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away!
- We can prepare food and drink.
- We can make sure we prompt medication when it is due.
- We can do domestic tasks like cleaning, laundry ironing either on a regular basis or as a ‘spring clean’ (even if it is in the autumn!)
- We can provide a respite service. Where a member of the family is principal carer there may be need for relief to allow that person time for themselves, maybe a couple of times a week.
- Some people like to have a pampering session once or twice a week. A nice bath and then clean clothes, a changed bed and a nice meal before bedtime. Bliss!
- And at the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed.
- We provide care services through the night for those people who need them. This can either be on a ‘sleeper night’ basis, where the care worker expects a reasonable night's sleep but is on hand for emergencies, or a ‘waking night’ where the care worker is on duty throughout the night.
- This is only a selection of the things we can do. If you don't see something you would like, please ask.