What does it do?Adult Social Services helps older people in Norfolk to live fulfilling and independent lives. Examples of the sorts of services that home care can include are:
• Personal care - such as help with getting up or going to bed, bathing, showering and going to the toilet.
• Food and drink – such as help with eating and with special diets, help to manage different types of meal services and menu planning, help to prepare and cook food.
• Simple treatments – such as help with prescribed medication, reminding you when medication needs to be taken, applying creams and lotions, simple dressings and eye drops.
• Personal assistance – such as help with dressing, surgical appliances and manual aids, help to get up and go to bed and getting around your home using a hoist.
• Domestic tasks - such as washing up, lighting fires / helping you stay warm, washing clothes or soiled linen.
• Night Care or Night Sitting Services - which means a home care assistant in your home during all or part of the night to make sure you are safe and provide personal care services listed above.
Who it is for: If you are finding it difficult to manage at home or have just been discharged from hospital, there is a wide range of services and support that help you to live independently in their own homes.
Where it is available:Local service covering: Breckland, Broadland, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn and West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, South Norfolk (Norfolk).
How to access or apply for it:
For further information call 0344 800 8014
Additional information:The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 2 Stars - Good
View the report here.
Home help, Care, Independent living, Health & wellbeing, Health & wellbeing, Personal care at home (registered), Domestic help
Info last updated:17/10/2011.