What does it do?
We help you repair, improve, maintain or adapt your home.
Do you need help with the following or similar jobs but don’t know where to start?
- External steps, handrails and ramps
- Security locks and lighting
- Loft insulation
- Stair lift installation
- Shower installation
- Kitchen renovation
- Boiler replacement
The Home Improvement Agency may be able to help you to decide what adaptations or changes your home needs to enable you to live there as safely and independently as possible. The HIA team can guide and support you through the whole process by offering:
- Advice on practical building issues
- Information and practical help to obtain funding
- To prepare schedules for building works
- Help to find reliable, good quality contractors
- To discuss and resolve quotations
- To oversee building and adaptations work from start to finish. The HIA can help you deal with anything from small repairs to major renovations or adaptations costing thousands of pounds. Tasks range from fitting new locks and windows to installing stair lifts and constructing bathroom extensions.