What does it do?ACS Choice is available citywide and offers a bespoke service to suit your particular needs and requirements. This could be help with shopping, cleaning, using technology, getting out and about for leisure activities etc.
Our dedicated and friendly staff will help you to:
* shop, for a one off item or on a regular basis;
* use technology - from your micro wave and mobile phone to getting internet access;
* get to where ever you want to go, in or around Sheffield - from your local post
office or GP to a day-trip into Derbyshire;
* keep your home ship shape by helping you to de-clutter;
* find out about what's on in Sheffield;
* join in - do you fancy going to the theatre? football? an art class? bowling?
whatever interests you, we will help you to get there and meet with people who
share your interests;
* and if you look after someone else - we'll step in and help, so you can go out with
peace of mind.
Who it is for: People over 50 years throughout Sheffield
Where it is available:Local service covering: Sheffield (South Yorkshire).
What it costs:ACS CHOICE costs just £14 per hour + any additional costs incurred whilst working on your behalf including mileage at 40p/ mile, there are no hidden charges.
How to access or apply for it:
Contact ACS Choice on 0114 250 2867
What to expect then:
One of our staff will visit you in your home to discuss a bespoke service that's just right for you.
Additional information:All our employees have gone through an interview, vetting procedure, induction and training. In addition they have all had an enhanced police criminal records check completed.
Our employees wear a uniform showing our logo and carry an Age Concern Sheffield Identity Card at all times.
Socialising, Home help, Information & options appraisal, Independent living, Transport, Activities, Information, Signposting / gateway service, Socialising, Outings, visits, trips, Shopping
Info last updated:20/07/2010.