HousingCare.Org logo

How well does your home suit you?

HOOP - Housing Options for Older PeopleOur simple online tool helps identify problems you may be facing in your current home. It results in simple suggestions and information on how to tackle any problems.START HOOP

Back to results

Information provided by Association of Independent Care Advisers

Association of Independent Care Advisers

Choosing the most suitable kind of care for yourself or for a relative is never simple. An Independent Care Adviser may be able to help you to decide whether to stay or move into a residential or nursing home, select the right home and weigh up how much can be afforded. The Independent Care Adviser can guide you through all the options of care, whether it be for convalescence, home care or long-term residential or nursing care and will provide the necessary information and support that you will need to make your own decisions.

The Independent Care Adviser will have a good knowledge of the services available locally, while other organisations have access to information covering a wider geographical area. Clients will be able to draw on specialised knowledge, covering topics such as statutory allowances and methods of claiming, as well as information on homes and ways of remaining in their own home. In addition, the Independent Care Adviser can help the family negotiate with Social Services.

Publisher: Association of Independent Care Advisers

Published date:

Editor: Association of Independent Care Advisers

Download your selected resource above or visit the publishers website to read the information, order the printed resource directly from them or contact the publisher by email.