What does it do?
Before we can offer you our services we will need to talk to you about your care and support needs. This is called an assessment.
Our older people's teams now include health and community care staff working together. We offer many different services and types of support to older people living in the Royal Borough. We can provide:
Practical help in your home, including a laundry service
- Help with your personal care, such as getting up, dressed and having a bath
- Day services providing activities and meals
- 'Direct Payments' - funds to arrange and manage your own services and support instead of receiving a direct service from us
- Information and advice on managing difficulties caused by a lack of ability or disability, equipment to help you with daily living tasks and personal care, adaptations to your home including grab rails, stair rails, ramps, lifts, bathrooms, showers and wheelchair access. Find out more about our Occupational Therapy Services by following the link at the bottom of the page.
- District Nursing services, including health living advice, wound care, catheter care, injections and monitoring of your medical needs
- Services to help those who support and look after you to take a short break
- Meals delivered to your home
- Freedom Passes and application forms, and Blue Badge parking permits (See below under 'Related Documents').
- Residential and Nursing Home Care, if this is more suitable than living in your own home
- Help for people in hospital to return to the community
- 'Careline' emergency telephone alarm system
Who it is for?For people who are deaf, or hard hearing, and blind and partially sighted people, and their carers
Where it is available?Local service covering: Kingston upon Thames (Greater London).
How to access or apply for it:
Crescent Resource Centre,
Blagdon Road, New Malden KT3 4TA
Telephone: 020 8547 6600
Minicom: 020 8949 0573
What to expect then:
We only provide services to people who have or are soon likely to have 'Critical' or 'Substantial' needs
Care, Information & options appraisal, Intermediate / after hospital care, Eye care, Hearing, Home from hospital, Care options appraisal, Personal care at home (registered)
Info last updated: