What does it do?
- Offer skilled assessment of the needs of family carers and people with dementia.
- Provide information and practical advice for family carers on different aspects of caring for a relative/friend with dementia.
- Work with families at the point of diagnosis and throughout the caring journey, providing emotional and psychological support and guidance about accessing services.
- Help family carers and people with dementia to develop and improve skills to assist with care-giving and to promote positive approaches to living with dementia.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and organisations to facilitate co-ordinated care provision.
- Work with family carers to enable them to express their wishes and views about the services they receive.
Who it is for: Admiral Nurses are specialist Mental Health Nurses working in the community to support carers (of all ages) of people suffering from
Where it is available:Local service covering: Dartford, Gravesham, Sevenoaks (Kent).
How to access or apply for it:
Kent and Medway NHS Social Care Partnership Trust
Darenth Wood Road
Tel: 01322 421 289
Dementia, Dementia care, Support for carers, Information, advice & counselling, Support
Info last updated:12/10/2011.
|About the service provider:|
Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley Admiral Nurses: Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth Wood Road, Dartford, Kent, DA2 8DA. (view on map)
Telephone: 01322 421 289
Visit their website
|Parent organisation:||Dementia UK|
|Who are they?||Dementia UK is a national charity, committed to improving quality of life for all people affected by dementia.
The charity has four core areas:
Admiral Nursing DIRECT
Dementia UK Training