What does it do?
Darlington Citizens Advice Bureau has a specialist housing worker who can provide casework and support in a number of housing related issues.
Do you require assistance with the following:
- Rent/Mortgage Arrears - Client struggling to meet contractual payments, Client has received letters from lender/landlord
- Possession action has client received Notice, Court papers, Possession order, Warrant
- Homelessness - Local Authority refusing to take negative application, Challenging negative decision, Challenging unsuitable offer
- Deposit not protected - client not notified of scheme details or landlord refusing to return
- Disrepair - Landlord wont repair or landlord says client has caused disrepair/damage
- Other Landlord Disputes - Harassment, Illegal eviction, Rent increases, Charges, Alleged breach of tenancy
- Neighbour Problems - Issues involving neighbours property (not boundary dispute), Anti social behaviour/neighbour nuisance
- Waiting/Transfer List - Challenging points/banding, Challenging unlawful policy, Exclusions from list
- Housing Benefit issues
If so please consider making a referral to us.