What does it do?
We provide 24 hour support to vulnerable people and their carers, so that they can live independently at home. We enable them to call for help and assistance using various sensors and alarms. There is also a home safety package available to Essex residents for a free 12 week trial.
There are many different telecare devices which automatically alert the monitoring centre or your chosen carer, should
you need assistance. The systems can:
- Raise an alarm in case of a fall
- Raise alerts for floods, smoke, carbon monoxide - also available to those with hearing impairments
- Monitor medication usage
- Monitor medical conditions
- Help deter bogus callers - a button can be used to call assistance or help you confirm the caller's identity with the monitoring centre.
Telecare also offers
- Big button telephones - ideal for people with poor sight, hearing difficulties or limited dexterity
- Safe socket - ensures that alarm calls are raised, even when the telephone line is already being used
- Clock calendar – useful when you need to be reminded of the time, day and date
- Base unit - a wireless unit connects the sensors in your home to the
- monitoring centre which comes with a wireless pendant as standard.
Carers and family members can feel confident about being alerted in an emergency. You can see this equipment in action by visiting an Independent Living Centre.
Contact Telecare to find out more.
Who it is for?Adults and children with physical and/or sensory impairments
Where it is available?Local service covering: Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Tendring, Uttlesford (Essex).
What it costs:Please contact the organisation for more details
How to access or apply for it:
1 Newcomen Way
Severalls Business Park
Essex CO4 9YL
Monday - Thursday (9.30am - 4.00pm)
Friday (9.30am - 3.30pm)
Sat - Sun (Closed)
Aids & equipment, Independent living, Carelines & Community Alarms, Services, Suppliers
Info last updated: