What does it do?
Below are some examples of the kind of support that is available to carers to support you in your caring role:
- Domestic Tasks - examples include shopping, cleaning and laundry.
- Meal preparation - meal preparation for the person being cared for.
- Day Care - If the carer needs a bit of a break from caring, we can provide day care. The person being cared for must be in agreement and would need to benefit from this service.
- Respite Care - You may need a longer break from caring for a holiday, for example.
- Professional support - this could be advice and/or emotional support.
- Equipment - there may be equipment that could benefit you.
- Direct Payments - rather than use services provided by Lancashire County Council, you can receive direct payments to arrange your own support.
- Carer injury prevention - your role may involve helping someone with their personal care or, to get out of their bed or chair. Advice can be given on how to avoid injuring yourself.
Who it is for: The service is available to carers living in Lancashire.
Where it is available:Local service covering: Burnley, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Wyre (Lancashire).
How to access or apply for it:
Additional information:Opening hours are: 8.45am - 5.00pm
Info last updated:08/02/2012.