What does it do?
In order to attain this, we will make every effort to meet the individual’s physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual needs regardless of sex, race, culture and religion.
Care can be offered for:-
- Day care
- Short stay admissions (this can include weekend and over night stays)
- Long care stay
- Periods of up to 4 hours a day under the “good neighbour scheme”
Who it is for: Our aim is to provide a range of services for the older people of the Isle of Man who have mental health problems, including mental illness and Dementia.
Where it is available:Local service covering: Isle of Man (Isle of Man).
What it costs:The charge for care in residential units is currently £477.31 per week plus any attendance allowance, income support or DLA received.
The charge for day care services and the good neighbour service is £5.00 per day.
How to access or apply for it:
Referrals into the service cannot be made directly from an individual or their family but can come from:-
- Mental Health elderly admission area.
- Older peoples Mental Health Service. (Community Team)
- Social Work Team.
- Learning disabilities
- Private sector care homes (day care only
- Social Services Older people’s homes (day care only)
- An individual will need to be assessed prior to being accepted so that level of need can be determined.
Additional information:Further information can be obtained by contacting the Manager for EMI services on (01624) 686725.
Care, Intermediate / after hospital care, Relief care, Mental health care, Support for carers, Health & wellbeing, Day care (registered)
Info last updated:30/06/2011.