What does it do?
The practical help we offer through our volunteer based schemes helps older people to remain living independently in their own homes for longer. Our volunteers are vetted and present an Identification badge at the door. All appointments are pre-arranged and we never arrive without an appointment.
What support can we offer?
The Handyperson Scheme
- We have a Handyperson Scheme for small jobs around the home.
- We operate a Gardening Scheme
- When you need a tradesperson for that bigger job, we have a register of vetted tradespeople
The types of jobs we can do:
- Fit door spy holes
- Fit door chains
- Fit door boltsKey safes
- Replace tap washers
- Miscellaneous small repairs to household equipment
- Fit smoke alarms
- Fit curtain rails
- Tack down loose carpet
- Fit hand rails
- Fit small shelves
- Repair/replace door hinges
- Fit door bells
- Fit banisters to stairs
This is a list of examples; please contact us about jobs not mentioned in the above list.
The Gardening Scheme
We can help you with these types of gardening jobs:
The Tradesperson Register
- Grass cutting
- Border maintenance
- PruningHedge trimming
- General garden tidying
- We vet all of our tradespeople
- We renew their registration annually
- At renewal we issue a new identification card
- We check compliance with our code of practice
- We update the details we hold of their skills
- We offer a copy of our 'Guide to Employing Tradespeople'.