What does it do?
What service do we offer?
- Advice on welfare benefits, home security and energy efficiency.
- Advice on what home repair or disabled adaptation is needed and whether it may be grant-aided.
- Advice and help on getting grant funding.
- Helping you fill in grant application forms and any associated paperwork.
- Surveying the planned work and preparing detailed schedules of work and drawings.
- Applying for any planning consent or building regulation approval.
- Obtaining quotations from experienced and approved contractors.
- Monitoring the quality of work that is carried out.
- Making sure you are satisfied with the completed work.
- Arranging payments to the contractor.
Who it is for: Care & Repair independent advice, support and practical help to older people, people with disabilities and those on low income who need to repair, improve or adapt their homes. We operate across Worcester City and Wychavon.
Where it is available:Local service covering: Bromsgrove, Malvern Hills, Redditch, Worcester, Wychavon, Wyre Forest (Worcestershire).
What it costs:Advice from us is free.
Grant funding is means-tested (based on your financial circumstances), and you may have to pay towards the cost of the work. If this is necessary, you have to pay the contribution before the work is carried out and the money will be held in trust until the work is successfully completed.
The fee for grant-aided work will be a percentage of the cost of the work. The fee is normally met through the grant and should cost you nothing.
How to access or apply for it:
For more information, please contact the Care and Repair team at either Worcester or Wychavon
- Worcester City residents by phoning 01905 721 127 or by writing to Wyatt House, Farrier Street Worcester WR1 3BB.
- Wychavon residents by phoning 01386 565 263 or by writing to Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1 PT.
What to expect then:
The Care and Repair team will offer you advice, support and assistance which you are free to accept or reject. Various options will be explained to you but, at the end of the day, the decision is yours.
We will make sure that you are kept fully informed and consulted on the work that we carry out. We serve people in many different ways, but we make sure that each client receives an efficient, caring and professional service and is treated with respect and consideration.
Impartial advice and practical solutions
Home maintenance, Home improvement agencies
Info last updated:23/01/2012.