What does it do?
Our Handyperson service can help you get small home repairs fixed at a reasonable cost. A discounted service is available for anyone who is either:
- over 60, and on a means tested benefit,or;
- registered disabled, or;
- suffering from long-term ill health.
The service is managed by our Care & Repair team, and uses local contractors. It is for small jobs and they will generally take an hour or less. It is definitely not for emergency works.
Who it is for: People over the age of 60 and those with disabilities or long term ill health.
Where it is available:Local service covering: Broadland, North Norfolk, South Norfolk (Norfolk).
What it costs:The cost is £10 for the first hour, plus materials. This can cover one or more jobs that can be completed in the hour.
You pay the handyperson £10 when they do the work. If materials are needed, you can supply these yourself or pay the handyperson to supply them. If the job takes over one hour an extra £10 is payable. No job likely to be over two hours will be taken on.
Anyone over 60 and not in receipt of a means tested benefit qualifies for the non discounted service. The non discounted service costs £20 per hour plus materials.
How to access or apply for it:
Contact us online, by email or by phone - our details are on our website.
- When you call, our Care & Repair team will check the job can be done, and that you qualify for the service;
- We will then contact a contractor in your area offering them the work;
- The handyperson will then contact you to make an appointment that suits you both.
Home maintenance, Handyperson / Odd jobs
Info last updated:28/03/2011.