What does it do?Age Concern Lancashire has experienced and trained information and advice officers to cover the districts of Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Wyre and Chorley. These officers are available to offer help on a wide range of issues which can benefit all older people, their families and their carers. Anything from form filling to accessing health and community care services. Leaflets and factsheets are available from all Age Concern Lancashire Offices.
We aim to point you in the right direction to get the help you need.
We can help to complete claim forms relating to Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Carers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Pension Credit.
We want to make sure you are receiving all the benefits to which you may be entitled.
Between April 2006 and March 2007 Age Concern Lancashire helped older people claim over £2.4 million in welfare benefits and pension credit. We help explain the qualifying criteria and assist people complete the claim forms which are usually long and complicated. Many people do not realize they may be entitled or are put off by the process. Remember these benefits are yours by right not by charity. If you want a 'benefit check' contact your local Age Concern office and they'll be glad to assist.
Free fact sheets covering 40 main issues are available from Age Concern England.
It is also possible to have face to face advice on particular topics in a safe, friendly and confidential environment by trained workers. This service is non-judgemental and free. For more information contact your local office.
Home visits are available in some circumstances.
Who it is for: for older people in Lancashire
Where it is available:Local service covering: Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool, Burnley, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Wyre (Lancashire).
How to access or apply for it:
Contact us as above
Fact Sheets, leaflets and appointments for home visits are available from:
Carnforth, 4 Ashtrees Way, Off Market Street, Carnforth
Tel: 01524 720232
Information and Advice sessions:
24 Keirby Walk, Tel: 01282 427222
Wednesdays 1.00 - 3.00 (drop-in)
Thursday 10.00 - 12.00 (drop-in)
21 Daneshouse Road, Tel: 01282 413372
Mondays 1.30 - 3.30 (drop-in)
61 - 63 St Thomas's Road, Tel: 01257 233200
Tuesdays 12.30 - 3.30 (appointment only)
45 - 47 Lord Street, Tel: 01253 774127.
Please telephone to make an appointment
7 St Georges Road, St Annes. Tel: 01253 783938
1st Wednesday of the month 1.00 - 3.00 (surgery held by Apfel Carter
Law Clinic - appointment only)
Tuesday Fortnightly 9.30 - 12.30 (surgery held by CAB - appointment only)
Mondays commencing 14th April 2008 (surgery held by Pensions Service - Drop In service)
1 Market Street, Tel: 01282 695876
Tuesdays 10.00 - 12.00 (appointment only)
18A Castlegate, Clitheroe Tel: 01200 444423
Tuesday 10.00 - 12.00 (appointment only)
Additional information:Useful telephone contacts:
- Pensions Direct 0845 301 3011 - advice for people whose pensions are paid into their bank account
- Local Pensions Office 0845 6060265 - advice for people whose pensions are paid by order book
- New Pensions Claimants 0845 3001084
- Disability Benefits Enquiry Line 0800 88 22 00 - advice on Attendance Allowance, Disability Allowance, and will send out forms for these benefits
- Minimum Income Guarantee Line 0800 028 1111
- Pensions Credit Line 0800 99 1234 - fill in an application by telephone
- Age Concern Information Line 0800 00 99 66
- Winter Warmth Advice Line 0800 085 7000
- Warm Front Team (advice on Government funded grants) 0800 316 6011
- NHS Carers Direct (advice and support service for carers in England) 0808 802 0202
- Help Direct is a support and information service for all adults aged 18 and over across Lancashire. 0303 333 1111
Legal & financial, Information & options appraisal, Financial advice (benefits), Housing options appraisal, Information, Signposting / gateway service, Care options appraisal
Info last updated:15/03/2011.