What does it do?
Some of the services we offer are;
- Assisting with ‘starting the day’. Help to get up, wash / shower / bath, get dressed and have breakfast.
- We can go shopping, either taking our customer out with us or, alternatively, we can come in, agree a shopping list, go to the shops, come back and put it all away!
- We can prepare food and drink.
- We can make sure we prompt medication when it is due.
- We can do domestic tasks like cleaning, laundry ironing either on a regular basis or as a ‘spring clean’ (even if it is in the autumn!)
- We can provide a respite service. Where a member of the family is principal carer there may be need for relief to allow that person time for themselves, maybe a couple of times a week.
- Some people like to have a pampering session once or twice a week. A nice bath and then clean clothes, a changed bed and a nice meal before bedtime. Bliss!
- And at the end of each day, some help with getting ready for bed.
- We provide care services through the night for those people who need them. This can either be on a ‘sleeper night’ basis, where the care worker expects a reasonable night's sleep but is on hand for emergencies, or a ‘waking night’ where the care worker is on duty throughout the night.