What does it do?Home care services include?
• Personal care which may include: washing, dressing, going to the toilet, assistance with medication, amongst other personal care tasks.
• Practical support which may include: help with housework, shopping, laundry and food preparation.
• Social care which may include: help to maintain your social contacts, welfare rights advice, support to do your own shopping, sitting services for carer respite, etc.
Who it is for: People can seek help and advice whenever they believe that they would benefit from a home care service. A wide range of people currently receive help, these include:
- older people
- people dealing with incapacity
- disabled people
- people with a terminal illness
- people with mental ill health
- people with HIV/AIDS
- people with a learning disability
- children and families
- people who are caring for a family member
Where it is available:Local service covering: Amber Valley, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Erewash, High Peak, North East Derbyshire, South Derbyshire (Derbyshire).
What it costs:Personal care services, organised or purchased by us, are currently provided free of charge.
How to access or apply for it:
If you do not currently receive a service and would like to request a service please contact: 08456 058 058.
Additional information:The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 2 Stars - Good
View the report here.
Home help, Care, Independent living, Support for carers, Health & wellbeing, Paperwork / forms & letters, Health & wellbeing, Personal care at home (registered), Shopping, Domestic help
Info last updated:08/02/2012.