What does it do?The service offers short-term support providing confidential non-medical
assistance either within the Emergency Department or at home following discharge:
· Home visits
· Short-term practical help
· Emotional support
· Referral to other support agencies
· Information about benefits & other local services
Our intent is to give peace of mind to you and your family, by making your return home go as smoothly as possible.
Who it is for: For all patients 65+ who have attended the Hospital Emergency Department
Where it is available:Local service covering: Barnsley (South Yorkshire).
What it costs:The service is free
How to access or apply for it:
Contact us by:
· Visiting our office at the hospital
· Asking a member of hospital staff to refer you
· Telephoning our office on:
Care, Intermediate / after hospital care, Home from hospital
Info last updated:20/08/2010.