What does it do?Our fully insured and trained handy persons offer a range of services to older people in the home including minor household DIY jobs, plumbing repairs, a decorating service and a home security service.
Sample job list:-
Inside the house:
* Fitting light bulbs
* Replacing existing sockets
* Fitting door chains/spy holes
* Fitting new or replacement locks
* Fitting smoke alarms
* Fitting draught excluders
* Unblocking sinks
* Repairing or replacing leaking taps
* Repairing or replacing radiators
* Toilet repairs
* Putting up curtain rails or shelves
* Making existing floor covering safe
* Moving furniture
* Replacing broken toilet seats
* Fitting door bells
* Renewing bath/sink sealant
* Fitting grab rails
Outside the house:
* Repairing small areas of fencing
* Repairing garden gates
* Replacing small window panes
* Fixing security lights
* Making safe slab type pathways
* Fitting keysafes for clients with multiple carers
* Replacing washing lines
* Basic Gardening
Who it is for: Older people in Rotherham who need a handy person service
Where it is available:Local service covering: Rotherham (South Yorkshire).
What it costs:Please contact us for details of various service charges. We will purchase materials on your behalf for a small extra charge.
How to access or apply for it:
Additional information:If you feel particularly at risk of becoming a victim of burglary, please contact us and our Handyvan will pay you a visit. A Handyperson will assess your needs and install security and safety devices such as locks, door chains, spy holes and smoke alarms.
Home maintenance, Handyperson / Odd jobs, Safety & security
Info last updated:16/04/2011.