How do I use this site?
From here the best way we can help is to direct you to the main tabs above:
- Home will take you to HousingCare.org welcome page from which our favourite search facilities for retirement, sheltered housing and care homes and other popular web pages are immediately available.
- Ask about if you want to find out what your options are regarding housing and care services for seniors. You can contact our accommodation advisors by telephone or email – their service is free, confidential and professional.
Try our Housing appraisal tool, a short questionnaire entitled ‘How well does your home suit you?’ Once you’ve answered a few questions, it will propose reading materials, websites or services that might be helpful.
- Search for if you know what you are looking for and want to locate it. You can look for all accommodation for the elderly or for care homes in any location, or search for specific models of housing such as assisted living, sheltered housing to rent, retirement properties to buy, extra care housing, retirement village etc, and refine your searches. The various filters available to assist your advanced search include Housing with support, Housing without support, Housing with care, Extra care housing, Flats, Bungalows, Houses, Housing with vacancies, Care homes, Care homes with nursing, Single rooms, Double rooms, En-suite etc; plus locations by Postcode, Place, Region, County and District; plus Keywords, various Accommodation requirements, Care Needs, Culture and lifestyle, Manager, and more
- Read about if you would like to learn more about all forms of retirement homes, care homes and elderly care services available in the UK. Search our library and resources by subject or publisher, or read the shortlists of publications we have selected under specific topics such as retirement housing, nursing homes, staying put, etc.
- For providers if you are a professional in housing or care for elderly people. As a manager you will be able to update the information we show and advertise leasehold and rental vacancies. Consultants, developers or commissioners can make profitable use of our unique databases. Check also the EAC Quality of Information Mark and our new Awards.